Engineering Manager – Mobile Technologies
As an Engineering Manager at BigStep Technologies, you will be part of a fast-growing business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and contribute to the business growth. You will have the opportunity to channel your experience into contributing towards the development of our enterprise-grade software platforms. You will act as a driving force and ensure that optimised solutions are developed using Agile-based development methodology. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with multiple cross-functional teams. Primary responsibilities would also include coaching software development teams to self-organise and create high-value products to remove any impediments to their progress.
This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact on a massive scale, with room for growth in personal and professional development, while working with foundational next-generation technologies. This engineering manager’s role offers the opportunity for significant technical impact, product innovation and team building with the opportunity for advancement.
- Lead our platform’s engineering team.
- Form and drive the platform’s technical strategy and roadmap, making sure they are executed properly.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Tech Leads for roadmap delivery.
- Take ownership of on-time and with quality delivery of major/minor releases with the product teams to drive internal and external adoption of our platform.
- Be an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative leader for a team of strong engineers responsible for delivering on business value.
- Your technical contribution scope won’t be limited just into cycle delivery goals, but there is an expectation that you engage in technical deliverables such as RFC reviews, bug fixes, and small features, without blocking or slowing down your team’s progress.
- You will be responsible for identifying the process bottlenecks and clearing any potential roadblocks.
- You will play a role in building the team with the right culture, partnering with other teams, planning sprints and executing the plans.
- You are expected to contribute as an active member of the global product team, a member of our leadership team responsible for delivering high business values.
Required Experience and Skills:
- B.E / M.E with specialization in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Diverse experience of 8+ years in a hyper-growth environment.
- A minimum experience of 3 years in development and managing mobile development teams.
- Hands-on experience in iOS and / or Android frameworks (iOS Swift, Android SDK, Android Kotlin).
- Should have minimum 2 years of experience in managing Scrum Teams.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing software applications by putting the latest technology stacks to use in an Agile environment.
- Prior hands-on experience working through the design, development and release cycle.
- Experience using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills and the ability to maintain high levels of energy and engagement.